Have you installed iOS 12 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and you are not happy with the update? It’s possible to revert to iOS 11 if you wish, but you have to be quick. Indeed, Apple will stop signing iOS 11 in a few days. Without this digital signature, it is not possible to update or restore to iOS 11.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Download iOS 11.4.1 for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from the dedicated page by clicking here
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your computer with the USB cable and open iTunes
- Simultaneously press the ON / OFF button and the Home button for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, release the ON / OFF button and keep the Home button pressed for about 7 seconds (if you have an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, you must replace the ON / OFF button with the volume button – in the procedure. For iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X, you must press briefly press the volume button + and short press the volume button – then hold the side button for a few seconds)
- iTunes will then display the message “ITunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone so that it can be used with iTunes »
- Once here, hold the SHIFT key (or ALT on Mac) then click on “Restore iPhone” (iPad or iPod will be marked depending on your device)
- Select iOS 11.4.1 previously downloaded and let the restore take place
Important point to take into account: an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch backup made on iOS 12 cannot be applied on iOS 11. In addition, it is good to specify that a computer is mandatory to revert to an old version of iOS.
iOS 12 offers several new features, including better performance compared to iOS 11. We advise you to stay on iOS 12. But some users say they have battery problems and a few bugs here and there, which can push them to return to iOS 11.