Apple is now offering the final version of its iOS 15.2 update for iPhone and iPadOS 15.2 for iPad for download. It comes after several beta versions and two release candidates.
What’s new in iOS 15.2
iOS 15.2 includes several new features, including the Voice offer to have Apple Music that can be controlled only with Siri (and not the Music application). Its price is € 4.99 / month, compared to € 9.99 / month for the standard offer. There’s also the app privacy report, an alert for parents when their kids receive or message photos or videos that include nudity, and more.
Here are all the new features of iOS 15.2 according to Apple:
– Apple Music Voice subscription
- Apple Music Voice is a new subscription plan that provides access to all Apple Music songs, playlists and stations using Siri.
- The “Ask Siri” feature suggests songs based on your listening history and what you like and dislike.
- “Listen Again” allows you to access a list of recently played songs.
- The app privacy report in the Settings app lets you see how often apps accessed your location, photos, camera, mic, contacts, and more over the course of last seven days, as well as their network activity.
– Apple ID
- Digital inheritance allows you to designate people as legatee contacts who will be able to access your iCloud account and your personal data in the event of death.
- Macro mode control available in the Settings app on iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max to switch to the ultra wide angle lens and take photos and videos in Macro mode.
– TV app
- The Store tab lets you browse, buy, and rent movies and TV shows all in one place.
- Improved maps of some cities supported in the Apple Maps app, with details such as traffic lanes, medians, bike lanes and crosswalks.
Various improvements to the program
This version also brings the following improvements for your iPhone:
- The “Hide My Email Address” feature is available in the Mail app for iCloud + subscribers so they can create unique, random email addresses.
- The Find My app can locate your iPhone for up to 5 hours when it is in Reserve mode.
- The Stocks app allows you to display the currency of a display and see the performance since the start of the year when viewing the charts.
- The Reminders and Notes apps now allow you to delete or rename tags.
This version also brings fixes for your iPhone:
- Siri might not respond when VoiceOver was running and the iPhone was locked.
- Photos in ProRAW format could appear overexposed in third-party photo-editing apps.
- HomeKit scenes that included a garage door might not play from CarPlay when your iPhone was locked.
- CarPlay might not update the “Now Playing” information for some apps.
- Video streaming apps might not load content on some iPhone 13 models.
- Calendar events could appear on the wrong date for Microsoft Exchange users.
To download iOS 15.2, go to Settings> General> Software update. You will see the new version appear. You can then start the download and then let the installation be done by itself.