Apple has put an end to Beddit’s sleep sensor, a product … it owns. It is no longer offered for sale at the start of the year. It thus joins the Beats Pill + speaker which has also disappeared from the Apple Online Store.
Apple is burying Beddit
The Beddit Sleep Monitor automatically tracks your sleep and works with the Beddit app on iPhone to help you measure, manage and improve your sleep. Here are the strengths according to Apple:
- Automatically measures your sleep time, heart rate, breathing, snoring, and room temperature and humidity
- Sensor in the form of a thin, flexible and discreet 2 mm thick strip: you won’t even notice it
- No device to wear
- Works with all mattress sizes, whether there is one or two people in the bed
- Heart rate and respiration analysis data shared with your iPhone’s Health app
- Receive sleep report notifications, bedtime reminders, and motivational messages on your Apple Watch
Apple happens to own Beddit. The buyout was announced in 2017. In 2018, Apple released the numbered 3.5 Beddit sleep monitor. But since then, it’s been radio silence. Truth be told, there are features that are disappearing. Synchronization with the cloud no longer exists since 2018 and support with Android is no longer possible.
It makes you wonder what Apple plans to do on Beddit. Logic would want the sleep tracking system to be offered directly with the Apple Watch. There have already been rumors about this.